Tuesday, November 23, 2010


What is this hideous mess on the face of my guitar top? But wait, it WILL be a very cool rosette [ the decoration around the sound hole].
I could just go around the entire hole like most builders and be done with it in a few minutes [actually, a couple of hours]. But no, I seem not to be able to do the fast and simple anymore. Oh well, it keeps me off the street.
Speaking of soundholes, did you know they don't have to be in the center like you're used to seeing? Actually, they don't have to exist at all, and without a soundhole, a guitar sounds just fine, although different from it's holed cousin. The soundholes are akin to blowing across the mouth of a bottle to make a sound, and mostly the bass notes are affected and the treble notes not much at all.

1 comment:

  1. If you embellished your guitars with $20,000 worth of jewells they would be worth that much more! I have seen you, you wouldn't make that much money on the street!

    ReplyDelete